Isaiah 5:8 woe to those who join house to house, who add field to field, until there is no more room, and you are made to dwell alone in the midst of the land.

I see people trying to fill the space of their lives. Whether that be with people, materials or experiences, they try to fill it so that there’s no room for anything else, let alone God. Do I leave room for God in my life? I shouldn’t have to “leave room” for Him. Rather there should be so much Jesus that there isn’t room for anything else. Which means being filled daily with the Holy Spirit. I can’t live off of yesterdays manna.  I need a fresh filling of His fire and Holy Spirit everyday.

A quote from Tozer I find myself saying or repeating constantly in my head is “The soul knows its origin and longs to return to its source.” God created a shrine in our hearts to him but we more often then not empty that shrine of God and make a shrine to ourselves and other people. But nothing will ever fill that hole other than God. We’ll be surrounded by people and things and yet we feel more alone than ever. That emptiness in our hearts can only be filled by Jesus.

Our houses should be dedicated to the Lord. Our fields should bear fruits of His Righteousness and His Spirit. While provision and relationships are important, they’re an essential part of how people grow, they shouldn’t be the purpose or the center of our lives. We need to build that foundation on God not on relationships, people, materials or experiences. Because eternally, and even earthly, those things are fleeting. Relationships fall apart, memory fades, and things break. But God is eternal. A strong unbreakable foundation on which we should build our lives.

Comments

Popular Posts