Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
It’s impossible to please God without faith. This verse hit me hard. Because there’s a difference between believing in God and having faith in Him. I believe in God, I always have, but I haven’t always been faithful to Him. I’ve often made fun of the Israelites of the Old Testament in my head, “Look at those idiots! They’re worshiping a golden calf! How stupid is that?” But then I come to realize I often suffer from a serious case of idol worship. Worship of self. Of self-satisfaction, of fulfilling my desires and wishes. I lived a life without considering what God wants for me. Not only not considering but thinking that my plans for myself were better than His plans for me. I didn’t trust God with my life and with so many other things.  I thought that I knew myself better. Like the Israelites I’ve strayed and sought satisfaction, contentment, and meaning in other things. I wasn’t being faithful to Him and I wasn’t seeking after Him. I’m here now, but it means nothing if my heart isn’t.  I need to have a heart that diligently seeks after God, one day at a time. I must put my faith in God, for He is the only one who truly and completely knows both the beginning and the end. He knows my sitting down and my rising up. (Psalms 139)  I have to let Him lead me by still waters; I have to let him lead me in the path of righteousness (Psalms 23). I must have faith in God for He knows best for me.
 This week, I’m going to talk to one person about one of the ways I often trust myself or seek other things more than I trust or seek the Lord, so I can receive prayer, advice and accountability from Godly people.

Comments

Popular Posts