Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Lately as a team and an individual, I’ve been doing a lot of waiting. We’ve been waiting to be with the kids, to teach, to do ministry. I’ve been waiting for my tax forms to come in, my mom to help me register for college, and for what is to come after IGNITE.  Most of all I’ve been waiting upon God, to speak to me. To show me what he has for me in this seemingly dull and mundane time.

And waiting is hard. It’s hard when I see my classmates on instagram and facebook really getting to do ministry and life while we’re in this time. And its hard for me to recognize that this is God’s will for us in this time. But instead of viewing this time as a time of waiting and growing more frustrated by the day; I can seek God in this. Odds are when I go home I’ll have a lot of free time for a season. Maybe this is Him challenging me to grow in this season without ministry. Without constantly doing something how would I spend my time? Do I use it wisely? Do I use it for fellowship, for learning, for His word, prayer, and listening?

God forknew that team Guatemala’s field time was going to be super crazy, full of many highs and lows and changes. He knew that we would have this month of not doing ministry and He has things he desires for our team to learn and grow through it. I guess he desires for me to meet him in the mundane, the daily grind of life. And I shouldn’t think that He loves me any less during this time. But just daily pursuing Him.





Comments

Popular Posts