Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary. They shall walk and not faint.

This is really encouraging for me. I don’t know about you, but I hate running. I go fifty yards and I feel like my lungs are being peeled open like an orange.  All jokes aside, it’s encouraging. So often I feel so weary. Waking up early and doing camps and prepping for school, homework always piling up. I needn’t rely on my own strength anymore; I have Him to give me strength.  I’m not expected to run this race of life by myself in my own strength. 

Life is draining. It’s hard being in this program and not just booking a plane ticket home and sleeping for a million years. But if I’m walking in His will, he will give me the strength to go on. God equips me when he’s called me. I know he’s called me to this program and I know he’ll equip me for it. Training was very high mountain tops and deep deep valleys. But field time isn’t just twelve weeks and I’m done. Its six months of service. It’s life. It means meeting God in the mundane every day. It means seeking him when I feel stagnant and dry.  Walking with Him even when I feel as though I may faint.
All of this is promised to me when I wait for the Lord and for his still small voice.

It reminds me of part of the chorus of “Rest in you” by all sons & daughters.

This is where my souls sighs
This is where my hope lies
And I will always find my rest in you

Comments

Popular Posts