Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

God says in this passage plans  not a plan. His will is to be met in the everyday. Everyday God has something for us to learn, grow, and dwell on. We don’t have to have it all figured out. Just take it by each day and ask him to reveal himself and how He would use us in that day.  As I approach the end of INGITE, I can’t help but wonder what’s next. College? Which one? What major? What job? But God didn’t ask me to live for what’s next. He asked me to live for what’s here.  Putting complete trust that His will, whatever that may be, will be done.

If I surrender and be His vessel, my plans for myself are surrendered too. Not that having hopes and expectations are wrong, just that they should be Godly-minded and I need to surrender my hopes to the Lord. And trust that His will is the best place for me. He asks me to be present minded. Not dwelling on what is to come but living for the joy He’s given me now. With a heart of absolute gratitude for all that He’s already done. And trusting that in whatever circumstances, His glory can be seen through it. And God’s plans for us aren’t something to be feared. Certainly He uses less than ideal circumstances for His glory and our benefit. But to each valley there’s a mountain top. And He loves us and desires for us to prosper in Him and a relationship with Him.

Comments

Popular Posts