Hosea 2:14 Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Will bring her into the wilderness And speak comfort to her.


For me, Guatemala has been quite the wilderness. God has allured me here, He brought me here with purpose and intention, already knowing the work that would be done in my heart. One of my greatest fears in coming into IGNITE is that I would miss out on what God had for me in it. That I would come out the same person I came in. That I wouldn’t listen to what He wanted to teach me through it. But that thought is foolishness. I’m boxing God and timelining Him. Thinking He’s linear when in reality, He already knew what I would learn and still sent me here. 

I guess I have to ask myself; have I been letting Him speak comfort to me?  But God’s help and comfort doesn’t come to the indifferent. It comes to those who are truly desperate, and knowing they are. People who know that they couldn’t make it to the end of the day without Jesus.  God knows that I need Him; I know that I need Him. But will I surrender myself, my will, my plans, and say to God, “I can’t do this myself, in my own strength, I need you Jesus.”

God knows what this time would be for me. He knew that in coming here, I would have the expectation of “the mission field.”  God knew I had ideas and expectations of these “great” ministries and works He was going to do through me. And there were. But never in the way that I thought. God didn’t bring me to Guatemala to work through me, although He did. He brought me to Guatemala to work in me.

Comments

Popular Posts