Lamentations 3:22-23 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning.

This verse brings to mind a quote from Anne of Green Gables “Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.” I always feel like I’m messing up or ruining things for people. I feel like I can’t do anything right when I go wrong and I let it ruin my day.  I dwell on my mistakes and sin and not on His mercy and grace. God’s mercies are new every day because they have to be. Because I’m imperfect and I sin every day. Dwelling on my sin is not accepting the grace and mercy of God. His grace covers my sin. It’s already been paid for. It’s so easy to dwell on sin and self for me. It’s hard to let things go in my head and move on. I think I walk in condemnation and never freedom. I let exhortations and rebukes weigh me down instead of encouraging me to grow in faith and character.

But the love of the lord is steadfast. Regardless of where I’m at or what I’m feeling, His mercy and grace are offered to me.  I think God down to my level. Either I think He’s too big to be bothered with me or that my problems are too big for him to handle. I know this is wrong in my heart yet I find myself constantly doing it. I need a reminder that the God of Moses, Abraham, Jacob, The God of my father and mother is also my God. He knew my innermost being from the beginning of time and nothing is too small or big for an infinite God to handle. Something I learned a while back is that God doesn’t condemn me. He convicts me. But never condemns. I don’t have to walk in my own chains of self but in freedom and alongside the breaker of chains and sin.

Comments

Popular Posts