Obedience

2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ.

“Take every thought captive, that’s a phrase I often hear and I understood. Taking every thought captive sounds quite simple to me at when first heard, but grew in complexity when I began to realize, it meant every thought captive. Not only that, but taking them, examining them, and seeing if they’re of God and obedient to His word and will. And if they’re not, casting them out of my mind and thinking upon them no more. Even going to the verses above verse five: “For though we walk in the flesh we are not waging ware according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds”

I have to understand that many of the battles that I will face aren’t physical ones, they’re not tangible. But rather spiritual. It’s a battle in my own head, against my own flesh. I must take every thought captive and that’s a constant battle. Its an seemingly endless one, and I can only win this battle and even fight it, with God’s strength and spirit with me. Guiding me and protecting me. Showing me the things of His way.

I have to be obedient to God even in my thought life. God is an all seeing and knowing God, he knows my heart in things. He knows whether or not when I worship whether I’m praising Him or just singing. He knows when I’m reading the Bible just to say I did my bible reading and when I read it seeking after Him.  God knows my mind and my heart in all things and He knows whether I’m being obedient to Him in those things. Whether I’m doing His will out of reluctant compliance or willful and joyful obedience. I cannot hide from Him.

Application: I will go forward in this next day praying for a heart that truly desires to please God and that as I head into KP and Servant time throughout this next week, that I will do these things with obedience and joy, and do them unto the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts