Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying “My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure.

The sovereignty of God is something that’s been on my mind a lot recently.  No mater what circumstance I may find myself in, God is sovereign.  That phrase alone is one of the most challenging phrases I have ever heard. He foreknew my life and has a plan and a purpose for me and He knows. It’s so crazy to me that God knows my beginning and my end and my every thought and choice and how He weaves himself in my life. I can’t help but marvel at His divine grace and knowledge. God offers peace in the knowledge that He will use every circumstance, good or bad, for His glory. God has supreme authority in my life and He chooses to accomplish His good pleasure. God doesn’t have ill-will towards me, quite the opposite. He desires to use my life for the furtherance of His gospel. He will accomplish what he set out to do with out without me and that’s my decision to make.

Submitting to His will is something that I struggle with. Believing in a God I can’t see doesn’t seem to be an issue for me but obeying Him and trusting Him has been an issue for a while now. I just can’t seem to settle myself with the idea of my life in his hands and despite whatever happens to me, God is sovereign. The only way I can is to overcome my fleshly nature, my distrust and inverted pride, confess and pray for forgiveness and newness of spirit.

Application: Tomorrow, if I begin to doubt why I’m here, I will read this verse to myself and take 5 and pray.

Comments

Popular Posts