Adaptability/Mutual Submission

1 Corinthians 12:14-15 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.

This brings to mind when I look to others and see what they have in their ministry and want that instead of what the Lord has for me. I may be the armpit of the body of Christ, or the pinky toe, but if that’s where God has me than that’s where I’m supposed to be. It’s a good reminder not to become jealous of the gifts that God has given others and instead be grateful for what He’s given me. I may be used to being the elbow of the body, or the femur bone, but in this season of life God may have another area of ministry of which He desires to put me in and grow me through, and He desires for me to be adaptable to His will. Instead of balking at the idea of doing something that I’m uncomfortable with and instead rejoice that I would get an opportunity to minister in a way I haven’t yet before.

Not only that but it’s a good reminder that every part of ministry is important. I may be doing KP, or servant time, but these areas of ministry are just as important as teaching the kids in the schools. I must never think that someone else’s ministry is “less” than mine or that mine is “less” than theirs. It’s not necessarily what I’m doing that counts but my heart behind it. The bible says in psalms 84 “I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.” It’s a good reminder that no service is too small to God and He sees my heart in things. I would rather serve God doing the lowest of the low than have a fantastic life and job without Him.

Application:  I will pray for a joyous heart during servant time today and for understanding that this is a service to God and it’s important.




Comments

Popular Posts