Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness

To be honest, I never really understood what it meant to be filled with the Holy Spirit. I thought it was some unattainable thing and impossible for me to have. Like it was special and reserved for pastors or something. We read a book in training called Be filled now! by Roy Hession.  It was then that I began to comprehend that the filling of the spirit isn’t reserved for “special people” and it only happens once. But it is a command of God and something that I should ask for every day. The difference even a mere 30 minutes spent in His word and praying to Him asking for His spirit in the morning makes a world of a difference in the rest of my day.  When I’m filled with His spirit, anything I do, scrubbing toilets, doing KP, missing wifi time because I’m working can be a thing of joy.

“They spoke the word of God with boldness” What a declaration!  Do I speak the word of God with boldness? Maybe here, because I don’t fear what people think of me here. But at home, I’m surrounded by coworkers and friends and I suddenly care a lot more what I say. I used to hide my faith in that sense. I didn’t say what I believed in and I certainly didn’t speak His word with boldness. But even on my ten days home, I began to find it almost impossible to shut up about God. It was like word vomit, I couldn’t stop!  Even then I still held back, I didn’t share as much as I should’ve because of fear, but with God, I need not fear. I shouldn’t hold back what God would have me say. Rather entrust my words to Him and pray that He would give me discernment on what to share and boldness to share it. 

Application : Pray for boldness as I go teach today at kid’s club and for the upcoming English camps.

Comments

Popular Posts