Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ has made me free from the law of sin and death.

This verse has become so relevant to me in these past couple days. I am free from condemnation, from the fate I rightfully deserve.  Not only that, but His blood sets us free from ALL sin. No matter how badly I think I’ve messed up, His grace is still here. There is no sin too great for God. And there is no condemnation either. Once I confess those sins to God, He gives me freedom from them and I can walk with His peace and joy in my life.  I would even say to continue walking in that shame is walking in self condemnation, rejecting the grace and peace of God offered to us.  Satan wants to use those chains of condemnation, shame, and self.  He wants to ensnare me in any way he can. Self-condemnation is a weak spot of mine. I’m rebuked or someone just expresses concern for my well-being and suddenly I’m obsessed and I can’t let it go. I become wrapped up in the shame and myself and forget my purpose here and stop pursuing God.

Grace upon grace is a mantra I’ve been repeating to myself and others quite a lot recently.  “Where sin runs deep, your grace is found, where grace is found is where you are, and where you are Lord I am free.”  When Jesus came down and died for my sin, He made a new covenant and a new law. And we’re set free from the old law. From trying to be good enough, and always failing because perfection is unattainable. I have nothing to offer God but my life and that’s all He wants. He desires for me to walk in His Spirit; In His love, grace, and joy.

Application:  I will pray about this with another teammate of mine.

Comments

Popular Posts