Hebrews 11:13-16

These all died in faith not having received the promise, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For those who say such things declare plainly that they seek a homeland. And truly if they had called to mind that country form which they had come out, they would have had the opportunity to return. But now they desire a better that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God for He has prepared a city for them.

Being a pilgrim of earth, not belonging, a stranger to it. I should not find my identity in this earth. It’s hard finding balance between being of the world and living in rose colored stained glass windows, never allowing the world to see in or go out to minister to people.  We’re to be in the world, doing His mighty work and spreading His word, but we cannot find our belonging and identity in the world and the people in it.  My homeland is in heaven with Him, He is where I belong.  My time on this earth is short and temporary and what He has for me in heaven is so much greater than anything I could imagine here. That being said, He doesn’t desire for me to just check out and discontinue the ministry and disregard the opportunities I have to minister while He has me on this earth. But to just trust Him with His plan and His perfect timing, knowing that He’ll take me home in His timing and to continue to do God’s work here.

God is not ashamed to be called my God so why should I be ashamed to call Him MY God? For a couple years or so before IGNITE, I was what some would say, a closet Christian. I was afraid to speak out for my faith and stand for what I believe in because I feared peoples judgment and contempt.  But God pressed himself on me and as I grew in my relationship with God and closer to Him it became impossible to keep quiet. Even though I am an imperfect being, not worthy of being called His daughter, He calls me so anyways and loves me with such perfect love.  And to be ashamed of such love is foolishness.

Application: I will pray for a courageous heart in sharing His word and pray that I be willing and open to talk about IGNITE with people who don’t know Him when I go home.




Comments

Popular Posts