Be a student

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

What a joy it should be to teach others about the Word of God, the Gospel of Christ Jesus. Something He’s brought me to understand is: His word isn’t just for me. It’s not for me to just consume His word and lessons and never pour out. The phrase “faithful men” and how accurate it is really stuck out to me. It takes faith to step out boldly and proclaim His gospel. It took faith for me to step onto the plane (my first time ever flying) and travel to Guatemala, where I don’t even speak the language. It takes faith to continue to persevere and press on even when I don’t see fruit. But if my conviction is strong, if I truly believe and have faith, the rejection shouldn’t knock me down permanently, but rather increase my drive and motivate me work even harder, and spread His word even more.

Commit, Entrust. These are words that the NKJV and ESV use. These words bring to mind that because I know His gospel I have the responsibility to obey it and share it. To quote Uncle Ben “With great power comes great responsibility” I’ve been given the greatest gift and tool in the world, His Word. And I’m responsible to share His word and His love.  And it shouldn’t just be a responsibility, but a joy. Something the Lord has really laid on my heart is being open and willing to be vulnerable with others. For the sake of ministry and sharing the Gospel. God has given me His Word and desires for me to be faithful in service to Him, in teaching others about Him and sharing His word  and the work He’s doing in me.
Application: I will share what God has taught me through my training time with someone on my ten days, to exhibit His goodness and grace in my life in hopes that it would minister to them.

Comments

Popular Posts