Contentment

Psalms 17:15 As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness.

This verse really hit me.  So often I let myself think, “I will never be perfect, I’ll never be like God. I’ll never not mess up. So why bother trying?” But God doesn’t desire for me to do that, to give up striving to be more like Him. To let myself be comfortable with where I am in my walk. To essentially, give up on Him because perfection is something I will never achieve.  I will sin, I will make mistakes. I’m bound to. It’s my own flesh I’m fighting against.  But that doesn’t mean I should loose hope, or let myself go in that.  God desires for me to be content with where He has me, but not with my sin. I used to give into my sin and never try to change. I didn’t accept the grace that was given to me and live in Christ and not desire for continual sin. And understanding that I will never truly know everything there is to know about God, that’s improved my outlook on eternity. I will get to spend eternity, a concept of time of which is beyond my comprehension, with God, learning more about Him, and growing closer to Him. I get to seek His face in righteousness. I want to spend my life here on earth growing closer to the Lord and growing to become more like Him. I know that perfection is impossible for me humanly, but I rejoice in the fact that through God’s eyes, He sees me as His child. And He loves me for everything that I am.

Application: I will pray for a continuing desire in my heart for godliness and for His strength to surround me and for contentment in God.

Comments

Popular Posts