Be a student

Mark 4:10-11 But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables.

 I don’t often think on what a privilege it is to have the Bible. The apostles only had the Old Testament and there are millions of people all over the world where the bible is banned and they have access only to a mere page. Yet I have the availability to read His word anywhere any time I like. How much more should read His word having this knowledge and awareness.  Another thing is that what little people have they study and pay attention to how God is speaking and listen to Him. I would even go as far to say that the reason why so many revivals are happening in Asia and the middle east, where they don’t have free access to Him and His word are happening because the people are so eager to here and they recognize that something is missing from their life and desire to find the origin of their soul.  In the next verse it says “Seeing they may see and not perceive, and hearing they may hear and not understand.”  God desires for me to strive after Him. I’m not going to hear him and understand the ways He’s speaking into my life if I’m not searching for Him with my whole heart. God has given me His magnificent word and I ought not to waste that gift and waste my time reading and not understanding.   Same thing goes for when the pastors come up and teach here and Sunday morning service. God wants to reveal himself to me and has given me the opportunity to learn and grow in understanding of Him and His kingdom, I shouldn’t waste it.

Application: I will spend 20 extra minutes in the Word today and study it with intention and whole heartedly.








Comments

Popular Posts