Be a Student

Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; Teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
                              
I should never want to stop learning. Someone once said to me “Once you stop learning, you stop growing, once you stop growing, you start dying.” I don’t think I could put it better. I never stop learning and growing in my faith. That’s what makes eternity seem so beautiful to me. I never have to stop learning about God and I will never know everything there is to know about Him. He is eternal and infinite and that is something my mind cannot comprehend. Honestly, heaven used to seem quite boring to me. Spending eternity praising Him didn’t hold appeal. But being here in IGNITE has totally changed my perspective on this. I get to spend eternity with Christ, my Lord, my Creator, my Savior. And I will always be learning more about Him and His character.

I sometimes wish I would stop learning because it can be painful sometimes. Rebukes, Correction, they hurt. Of course it only hurts my pride, but I’d rather do it right the first time. But these things help me learn and grow in my faith. I can’t think of a rebuke that hasn’t in some way taught me something.  And that makes me rejoice all the more.  Its always a joy and a reminder when pastors say “I’m still learning” because often enough these are men, advanced in their ministry and they’ve been ministering for thirty, forty years and they still learn things, they still make mistakes and they still learn.   How could it be possible for me to think that the word can dry up? The Word doesn’t dry up; it’s an overflowing, everlasting source. The only thing that’s dry is me.

Application:  I will read through one of the gospels tomorrow and spend more time studying one of the attributes of God.








Comments

Popular Posts