Servanthood

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants for the servant does not know what his master is doing ; but I have called you friends , for all that I have heard from my father I have made known to you.

God doesn’t just want a feeling-less relationship with me. He desires for me to be obedient to Him in love. In the verses previous it says “Greater love has no one than this, to lay down one’s life for his friends.” This is exactly what Jesus did for me. Not only that but he did so with a heart of obedience and did it because He loves me.  God doesn’t just want to rule over me, He wants a relationship with me. I am His servant but also His child and His friend if I’m obedient to Him and His will.  Jesus doesn’t want to keep me in the dark about this love and this relationship I can have with Him. He’s made himself known in my life and despite that and the sacrifice He made for me; I still look to other things or dwell upon my sin and refuse the grace and love that’s been given to me. The price for my sin has already been paid and it’s a debt I can never repay.

Jesus wants to be my best friend. He wants to be the first that I turn to in times of need. The first person that I seek every day should be Him.  He yearns for it. But so often I get caught up in the tangible things in front of me and I stop seeking Him and then I give into the weakness of my flesh.  I begin to cry out to God and asking Him where He is and it’s like he taps me on the shoulder and says to me “I am here. I am with you”  What a beautiful thought to think that God loves me, He comforts me, and He desires to give me joy, grace, and His peace. I need only turn to Him, let go of my sin, and have my hands ready, and open to receive.

Application: I will seek Him first in my next devotional and write out a prayer to Him concerning the things on my heart.











Comments

Popular Posts