Servanthood

Luke 12:37-40  Blessed are those servants who the master finds awake when he comes. Truly I say to you, He will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he till come and serve them. If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants! But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

God desires for me to be on my guard and stay awake in my faith. Because I don’t know when He will return.  To be ready and faithful to Him. I don’t want to live a life of backsliding, and only coming to Christ when it’s convenient for me.  But living in constant readiness to leave it behind if He asks me.  I must never become too attached to any season or thing in my life. I must understand that the only thing that will ever be consistent and unchanging is God. Mark 13:32-36 has some relevant passages. “No one shall know the day or the hour. Be on guard and keep awake, for you do not know when the time will come” What does keeping awake mean? What does it mean to stay awake in my faith? To me it means never loosing sight of God and the cross. Never forgetting the sacrifices He’s made for me and never loosing reverence for the Lord. Never letting my faith become one of routine, but constantly seeking after the Lord. I must never let my faith be a feeling based faith, loosing it when I’m in my valleys and never seeking Him on my mountain tops.  I don’t know when Christ will return but that is no excuse to backslide. God wants me to be ready for Christ’s return at any moment, in my heart. I must never loose my fire for God and let the spiritual revival that’s occurred in my life die out. I no longer should fear death or persecution because physical death means I get to join God in heaven and rejoice in eternity with him. I should rejoice when I’m persecuted or made fun for my faith. Because it means not only do I get a great reward in heaven but it means that people noticed that I have faith. And in that, it ministers to them.

Application: I have been slacking in my devotional time with God. Tomorrow I will get up earlier than I normal and spend more time seeking after Him and praying for His fire in my heart.





Comments

Popular Posts