Adaptability/Mutual Submission

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save them.

God desires for me to be a servant to all and to spread His Gospel to all. I can’t do that if I remain where I’m comfortable in ministry. God wants to stretch me and use me and mold me into shapes I cannot even imagine. I have come to the realization that God doesn’t do a work in me when I’m not seeking Him when I stay where I’m at in my walk and refuse to take the next step into the next season He has for me. God isn’t immobile. He isn’t stagnant. He’s always at work in the entire world. I have to be adaptable and open to the ministry that He would have me do. I can’t become set in my ways and the way I do things because I think it’s the “right way” or the “best way” to do things. Often enough its my own misunderstanding that leads me to think that my way is better. God’s word is applicable and adaptable to any situation and so should I be.  I must never think of myself as too good to minister to others. God sees us all with the same eyes and I’m just as much of a sinner as they are. I’ve just accepted the grace that He’s freely given me. And I may be that person that plants the gospel in their hearts, but I can’t go about life and ministry only serving the people that I’m comfortable with or where I feel most at home. God doesn’t want me to remain in my comfort zone in life; He can’t work in me if I’m set in my ways and refuse to change.
Application: I will sit with someone I don’t normally sit with during church. To learn to step out of my comfort zone and who I’m more comfortable with and to be adaptable.




Comments

Popular Posts