Contentment

Luke 3:14 Soldiers also asked him, “And we, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not exhort money from anyone by threats or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.”

Be content with your wages. I see this as being content with what God has given me. Instead of seeking material gain, seek after God and hold onto the things He’s blessed me with on this earth with an open hand. God desires for me to be just as willing to give it all away as I am to receive. I can’t let myself become tied to earthly things and materialistic things here on this earth. But instead lay up for myself treasures in heaven.  I can’t live life trying to accumulate. Because it will never be good enough, it will never satisfy.  So often the world and my flesh convince me that I can find joy peace and contentment in things of this world. But it is falsehood.  I only come up empty. The world is incapable of bringing me those things because they are of God and not of the world. Being generous with His blessing and what I have in life is something that is hard for me. So often I’m given blessings and things and I take such a tight hold of it and refuse to let go. I won’t let go and because of that I cannot take hold of His blessings He has for me now. I become so attached to seasons in my life and I refuse to let them end. Something that God has been really putting on my heart during my time here in IGNITE is that I have to let seasons end and let things go; because when my hands let go, and they’re open, they’re ready to receive.

Application:  I will write out a prayer for an open heart, willing to let things and seasons go and to be content with the time He’s given me.


Comments

Popular Posts