Perseverance
Hebrews 6:12 That you do no become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

I can’t count the times where instead of seeking after God, I just float off and say “I’m too tired to read the Bible” or I’m too tired to pray.  Of course I’m never too tired for facebook or instagram. I’m never too tired for a movie or a novel. For me “too tired” often becomes synonyms with “I don’t want to” It’s just a veiled way of me saying I don’t want to spend time with Him. I see God doing these miraculous works in my friends lives. They tell me what Jesus is doing or what He told them and I wonder to myself; Why don’t I have that? Why doesn’t God speak to me like that? And I realize that God is readily available to talk anytime. I just have an unwilling heart. I had no desire to seek after Him in faith; I just wanted the immediate blessings of seeking after Him.  

Those with faith and patience inherit God’s promises.  I have to be patient in listening to Him and what He’s trying to tell me through prayer and His word. Not only be patient, but faithful to Him. Even when I don’t hear His voice. I have to be faithful even when He’s calling me to stay put or to action.  My God is a God of action and He calls me to action to not stand idly by.  I won’t inherit His promises unless I seek after Him first in faith and patience.  To have Jesus say to me: Well done, my good and faithful servant.

Application: I will pray for a heart yearning after God first and for willingness to seek after him first instead of things of the world.

Comments

Popular Posts