Contentment
1 Timothy 6:6-8 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing with these we shall be content.

I really need verses such as this one because contentment is something I often struggle with. Being content with where God has me in life and not looking at where I want to be. To be content with my physical needs has always been a bit of a problem for me. Looking on to others and seeing how God has blessed them with tangible objects. I let myself become envious and jealous of them and how God has provided for them in such a physical way. I wasn’t fixing my eyes on Him but on others and things of the world. I look on and wonder: “Why don’t I have that?” “Why hasn’t God provided me with those things and wealth?” “Why can’t my needs be met?” Then I realize that my needs are being met. I didn’t differentiate between my needs and my wants.  So often I mesh those two very different things together.
Not only was I ungrateful for His provision in my life but I wasn’t trusting in His provision. I felt the need to do it all myself and to rely upon myself and not the Lord. I wanted to go when He wanted me to stay and to stay when He wanted me to go.  God has really been teaching me over these past few weeks to be content with where He has me. Fixing my eyes on Him and trusting in His perfect plan and provision for my life. I have so much to be grateful for here. Why should I strive for the things I want and can’t have when He has provided for me exactly what I need?
                 
Application: I will write down three reasons I have to be content in my situation and God’s provision


Comments

Popular Posts