James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

This verse puts it plain and simple. If I lack wisdom in a situation I need only ask God and He’ll give it to me. What a beautiful thought! In trials, tribulations, and tests that I’m going through and even in the simplest of things, I can ask the Lord for wisdom and He will provide! Not only that but He gives it freely, generously, and without reproach!,  It then goes on to say in the next verse But let him ask in faith without doubting for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.  When I ask for wisdom from God I have to ask Him without doubting Him.  I cannot doubt His wisdom and His ability to provide for me. This brings to mind King Solomon. When he was first made king, he knew that he was young, inexperienced, and lacking in wisdom. He knew that without the wisdom, understanding, and guidance of the Lord, David’s legacy and his kingdom would collapse underneath itself. When God offered Solomon anything, He asked for wisdom he asked in faithfulness and trust in the Lord. For he had seen how God had worked in David’s life and how God used David for his glory. He could’ve asked for a successful reign, for a fruitful harvest or for riches or glory.  But he asked for wisdom because he knew he needed it. As much as I may think myself incapable of receiving wisdom, and how I think me and my problems are too small and unimportant for God to deal with, it says those who lack wisdom may ask of God.  I am incapable of earning God’s wisdom for myself it is a gift freely given to me.
I plan on applying this through seeking God’s wisdom and discernment through His Word in my next devotional.

Comments

Popular Posts