Luke 8:22-25 Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them. “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out. But as they sailed He fell asleep. And a windstorm came down on the lake and they were filling with water and were in jeopardy. And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid and marveled saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey Him!
At first this completely stumped me. I didn’t understand how the disciples weren’t being faithful. But then I realized that Jesus said they would cross to the other side in the very beginning. When things got rough and the winds came and the waters were raging the disciples lost faith in what He had said. They doubted and woke Him saying “We are perishing!” They didn’t trust Jesus or have faith in what He said at the very beginning. When the Holy Spirit put the IGNITE program on my heart, I had so many mental breakdowns concerning the financial commitment, I was doubting the Lord’s provision and almost every time I finally stopped freaking out and just prayed and asked God for help, He would provide me with more hours at my job or a donation. We need only put our faith in Christ and trust Him that He will provide a way.'

When the disciples saw what Jesus had done they marveled “For He commands even the winds and the water and they obey Him!” I read things like this and honestly it makes me feel like quite the idiot. Jesus stopped a storm. Jesus walked on water. Jesus raised someone from the dead, He fed the five-thousand. Of course He can and obviously did provide for me! Going into this program I must have faith that if God has said it would be done, it will.  Even in the midst of crisis, God will provide and protect me. When the storms of life seem to consume me, my Hope and faith must be put in Christ alone. When He says I’m going to make it to the other side, I am.

Each day for the next five days I will write down one of the ways that God has provided for me. My roommate will keep me accountable to this.

Comments

Popular Posts