2 Corinthians 1:12 For our boasting is this, the testimony of our conscience that we conduct ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God and more abundantly toward you. .
My boasting shouldn’t be in myself and what I’ve done but rather of what God has done in my life.  I should be able to live in peace and with a clear conscience knowing that I’ve conducted myself in a manner worthy of Christ. But I often stray from the grace and wisdom of God and seek approval and advice in other things and people. I should live for God in my everyday life. I often try to make my faith something its not, I try to live “the good Christian life” and forget that my faith is supposed to be a relationship with Christ. I get so frustrated with myself because I always seem to mess it up.  I can’t live the “religious life” I have to mean my faith and have my heart that desires to please the Lord and not build myself up or please others.  I’ve got to live sincerely in my faith. I don’t want to lie to others about where I am in my relationship with Christ because I want their praise or approval. I need to stop living for others approval but live in God’s grace and love. I have to be honest with myself and transparent with others and with myself. I have to let God meet me where I’m at now; I have to let the Holy Spirit fill me now. Not tomorrow, not next week when I think I’m “better”.  I will never be “good enough” for God. His grace is a gift freely given to me, not something I can earn.  I have to accept His grace for me and let it become heart knowledge to me.
I will pray for a heart that desires for God. Next time I catch myself looking for approval in other things, I will pray for redirection of my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts