Matthew 8:9-10 For I am also a man under the authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this one, “Go,” and he goes and to another, “Come,” and he comes; and to my servant, “Do this” and he does it. When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”
The Centurion’s faith that Jesus could heal his servant with just one word was a powerful faith and a great one. It was because of his faith in Jesus that Jesus healed his servant. It brings to mind how much more God can do through us and what we are capable of through Him when we put our faith in the Lord.
Another thing that struck me was the obedience of those under the centurion’s authority. How he tells someone to go and they go. And another come and they come and his servant do this and they do it, without question. And it brings to mind how I must have complete obedience in the Lord without questioning Him and His reasoning. Often when I was younger I would always question my parents when they told me to do something. “Why am I the one to do the dishes? How is it fair?” They never answered these questions and now looking back I know that they were preparing me for my relationship with the Lord. I’m an inquisitive person, I like knowing what I’m doing and why I’m doing it.  But that isn’t how God called me to live my life. He answers my questions out of graciousness not because He has to. He asks me to do things and to let Him do things through me without explanation. God has been teaching me to put my complete faith and trust in Him over this past week, without questioning or even feeling the need to question Him.  Living by faith and not by sight is head knowledge to me; I’ve been in prayer this past week to let this become heart knowledge to me.
Instead of thinking ahead to the unknown. Tomorrow, I’m going to focus in on the details of what God is showing me in my daily walk and write them down.

Comments

Popular Posts