Isaiah 3:6-7 When a man takes hold of his brother in the house of his father, saying, “you have clothing; You be our ruler,  And let these ruins be under your power,” In that day he will protest, saying, “I cannot cure your ills, For in my house is neither food nor clothing; Do not make me a ruler of the people”

 For me this is an absolute picture of my generation. We play hot potato with responsibility and leadership. I don’t feel as though many in my generation, especially the young men, haven’t been raised to be ambitious or to lead. I feel like the ruins are America today, and no one wants to take responsibility for it because its such a disaster.
We’re not brought up to think. We’re brought up to memorize facts, to become parrots. Repeating words that hold no meaning. We accept facts without questioning the origins.

I feel like the previous generation has managed to raise one that doesn’t think, only repeats. I never wanted responsibility because “it was too much stress.” In reality its probably more of a mix of laziness and fear. I can do what is asked of me. But taking initiative, leadership, and delegating is something that I fear. I think I have a deep ingrained fear that I’ll do it wrong and fail I’m really afraid of failure for some reason. I think it’s because I’m a people pleaser. I constantly feel as though I have to prove myself. Is it a pride thing? Is it some form of twisted self hatred?  Either way being a leader, making mistakes, taking initiative frightens me.

But to walk in Christ is to be free of those things.  Understanding that my worth isn’t found in myself or others. Surrendering those fears and feelings to the Lord and sacrificing myself in that way. Recognizing that if its in His hands, and if I’m following his will, He will equip me and guide me.

Application: I will take initiative in something, and ask for His hand to guide me.


Comments

Popular Posts